EDUGEMS WORKSHOPS 2020
Are you an agent looking for fun and engaging Finnish STEAM activites for your group? Please contact us so we can help to design a memorable experience.
Our workshops are mainly 3h and for max. 25 persons.
Participants will get:
- open access to our novel student-centered videos
- tools for learning more about the themes
- the book ”Sustainable Development in Science Education” by Marianne Juntunen Ph.D teacher in Chemistry
For Children 8-17 years
Learn hands-on future skills and knowledge at our theme-workshops based on the National Core Curriculum of Finland. Our themes in 2020 are:
1) How can your Science studies benefit your future career? Introduction to practical STEAM learning methods in Finland.
2) Introduction on Water protection and management issues
3) Circular economy: What is it in practice?
4) Molecular gastronomy - Fun and tasty science with Finnish flavour
5) The simple and wicked solutions of climate change
For Parents & Teachers
How can teaching in school be connected to future skills and the everyday life of children? Learn hands-on how to develop children’s confidence and problem solving skills with a Finnish touch to teaching. Our themes in 2020 are:
1) The 21st Century Skills & National Core Curriculum in Finland
2) LUMA Finland activities as a support for teachers presented by a LUMA mentor Dr. Juntunen
3) Inquiry-based learning and argumentation in the context of sustainable development
4) The hot spots of positive pedagogy in the context of science teaching
5) Early hands-on mathematics education indoors and outdoors